There are many questions which needed to be asked while you are contemplating an idea to get your business, personal or ecommerce website developed. A website is the first online gateway to you brand. The investment on website should be considered as capital investment which will generate revenue over the period of time in terms of enhancing your brand’s image, reaching out to more targeted prospects, generating online leads and serving a platform to receive quality feedback from your valued customers.
There are some focal points needed to be taken into account before starting your project:
- Hiring a professional Website Designing Company: This is the most crucial decision which will have direct impact on the quality of your website and brand. Hire a professional web design team not to the cheapest available because your website must be conceptualized in a way which leaves long lasting positive impression on visitors. Website is not just about good design, animation but it must serve many strategic and marketing purposes.
- Domain and Hosting: Finding the right domain name for your brand is very important. Domain name must reflect your brand’s voice and it should be simple, easy to spell and remember. Brand name in the domain does the magic as far as SEO is concerned as it gets easily accessed on search engines and gets more customers.
- While choosing the hosting company, you must check what kind of support they provide. Do they have in-house technical support? Is their technical support available in your working hours? What kind of backup, security and other features they offer? Don’t forget to check their performance reviews online and on social media.
- Choosing CMS or Technology: If you have hired a good professional website development team, most of your job is done. They will understand your business, target audience and will help you to finalize the technology or content management system. For example if you are going for a corporate website to show your portfolio and content needed to be change very frequently and you yourself want to do it to save the cost and time, go for WordPress as CMS. It is one of the easiest CMS to manage for a non-technical team.
- Target Audience & Navigation: Your website must be easy to navigate and must be developed keeping your target audience in mind, otherwise your visitors won’t turn into buyers. A website with bad and complex navigation flow will have very HIGH bounce rate %. Navigation both on mobile and desktop must be well thought about. It should require lesser clicks to reach on desired page.
- Responsive Website Design and Cross-Browser Compatibility: For many websites more than 50% traffic comes from mobile devices and in some cases it reaches 60-70%, so your website must be mobile responsive and also cross-browser compatible. If user finds your website misaligned, broken on mobile or web, it will create a bad image for your brand and you might lose the user for life. Check with your designer before hiring if he knows Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3 etc well to make your site responsive
- Complete Content: Content is “King”. Your website must have complete, interesting and grammatically correct content along with appealing images conveying brand message effectively. An image says thousands of words. Content on your website must be SEO rich which should be updated frequently.
- SEO Friendly: Effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy is of utmost important to rank your website higher in search engines. You must use a SEO Optimization expert’s opinion to strategize the on-page and off-page strategy based on your website design, target keywords and markets. With Google’s recent updates, SEO has become a very specialized domain and your website must be handled by a specialist. Content must be updated on regular basis to improve the SEO ranking.
- Call to Action: Call to action button to be placed strategically at the places those are most likely to be visited by customer, like in header etc. Before placing, do not forget to check the easy visibility on mobile devices.
Website must be complete in terms of technology, providing information about your brand, product and services. Remember, your website create the first impression in the mind of your prospects. Try to make it as impressive as possible, so that it can generate traffic tuned into new customers.